* Typically costs considerably less that litigation
* The parties control the discussion and the outcome
* You get more personal attention
* There is faster resolution
* There is greater confidentiality
* There is greater flexibility
* Mediation protects children from conflict
* Mediation is a less adversarial process
* More opportunities for a creative family-centered plan
* Mediation allows for greater post-divorce stability.
Benefits to Mediation:
Mediation is a process for resolving conflict and coming to an agreement where decision-making remains with the parties. A neutral mediator assists parties in arriving at a mutually acceptable agreement. In contrast to an adversarial proceeding, mediation emphasizes cooperative problem solving and addressing the needs of all involved. Mediation can be used for all types of conflict, however it is particularly useful in the context of divorce and family disputes.